Gynaecomastia is the scientific name of the condition where there is an abnormal enlargement of breasts among the male population. It is popularly known as man boobs. What causes man boobs is not a mystery. This condition is prevalent in different growth condition. Some men have them in their early teens, while some males suffer from this state during adulthood. There are different reasons why man boobs exists.
In some males, what causes man boobs can be attributed to an imbalance of hormones; increasing levels of estrogen or decreasing levels of testosterone. One of the reasons cited for the imbalance is due to taking of drugs that affects levels of hormones among males. According to some articles, using marijuana can also cause man boobs.
The elderly male can also have issues with abnormal breast enlargement. What causes man boobs at this stage is due to the fact that the skin sags as men grow older. There is also a tendency for the body to develop hormonal imbalance naturally, thus, causing abnormal development of breast among older males.
Weight is another reason for acquiring gynaecomastia. What causes man boobs in this instance is therefore very obvious. When a man avoids healthy diet and develop fats over a period of time, his breasts will definitely grow. More so, if he becomes totally obese. Fats tend to develop around his chest, thereby creating enlargement of his breast.
Kidney or Liver Issues
When he refused to stay healthy and damages his kidney and liver, it can lead to an unusual breast growth. What causes man boobs, therefore, is also a matter of medical issues. Accordingly, some medical treatments for the kidney and liver have hormonal complications. Damage to liver and kidney is caused by abuse in alcohol as well as an unhealthy lifestyle.
Starving himself and an imbalanced nutrition can also be a factor which contributes to the development of man boobs. What causes man boobs then relate to diet and lifestyle. If his body is deprived of proper nutrition, the level of his testosterone decreases, while his level of estrogen is maintained.
Extreme health conditions such as tumors in the glands; pituitary, adrenal, and testes can lead to hormonal production that changes the male and female hormonal balance.
How to get rid of man boobs
Since this abnormal condition is no longer a mystery, there are different ways to treat or eliminate this condition. Here are some known treatments.
- Take medication to help balance the male and female hormone. Pill treatment involving clamitidine, spironolactone, and finasteride are most common.
- There are also natural pill treatment methods to eliminate man boobs problems.
- If the cause of the problem is due to lethargy, exercise and weight control is the solution to get rid of man boobs. There are plenty of exercise programs whether online or offline which are available to address the issue.
- If you are between 12 to 18 years old, there is nothing you can do except to wait for your body to develop over time.
- If you are fat or obese, surgery like liposuction can be a recommended solution.
- Adjusting your diet that will allow the right nutrition to beef up your body and develop in order to balance the male and female hormone.
Really, if you are one those men problematic with man boobs, understanding what causes them is your solution in order to find ways to get rid of them. It is like an equation; in order to formulate a solution, you need to know the reasons behind a problem first.